IRPL, Thailand (Petrochemical Plant, PET) Successfully achieved WaterConservation & ZLD objectives with “SCALEBAN Technology” on Sustainablebasis without installing conventional technologies Like wastewater RO & MultiEffect Evaporator (MEE) and Saved High CAPEX, OPEX and Space by using200m3/day treated wastewater directly in process plant cooling tower in Placeof Fresh Water
ABOUT INDORAMA PETROCHEM LTD., THAILAND
Indorama Ventures is a world-class chemicals company with a global integrated leader in PET and fibers serving major customers in diversified end-use markets. IVL is world’s leading Petrochemicals producer having 119manufacturing plants in 33 countries globally.
Being listed in Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI), they were exploring sustainable solutions for achieving Water Conservation & ZLD objectives by reusing their waste water within the plant. When it came to adopt available conventional technologies globally, high CAPEX & OPEX besides operational difficulties were serious concerns for them.
IRPL heard about Indian “SCALEBAN technology” and after thorough technical discussion and visiting different client sites for reference purpose, IRPL management decided to implement “SCALEBAN technology” at one of their PET plant in Thailand in July 2019 to validate the performance & claims of “SCALEBAN technology” in-house.
ACHIEVEMENTS of the Scaleban PROJECT
- Achieved Water Conservation and ZLD objectives on a sustainable basis.
- Successful utilization of 200m3/day wastewater in cooling tower.
- 100% saving of fresh water in cooling tower.
- Saved high CAPEX of CONVENTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES.
- Saved high OPEX of CONVENTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES.
- Zero footprints being an online technology.
- High COC (25) operation of cooling tower.
- Reduction in cooling tower blowdown by 95%.
- Improved plant performance because of zero scale, corrosion & biofouling
free operation of the entire cooling tower circuit.
- Reduction in CO2 emission as “SCALEBAN” technology does not require
energy to operate.
- Saved Environment IRPL contributed in achieving UN sustainable development goal no. 6,7,13,14